20 July 2007

Summer Holidays

Today is the last day of term. As of tomorrow the summer holiday will start in most of the United Kingdom. I will have to entertain the girls for six weeks. I just hope the weather is better than today. Luckily being only 3 and 2 the back garden offers lots of interest but not when it is raining.

Yesterday I received a folder from John Lewis (a big department store). It informed me of their great "back to school" offers on uniforms. I was wondering how it could be back to school if the schools had not officially broken up for the summer.

I have one more year of not worrying about uniforms. CS will be in red group after the summer holidays ("maybe that teacher will teach me how to read") and CE will be in yellow group. CE is not sure she wants to move up the next group. She loves Debbie her teacher in green group. What if Wendy her new teacher doesn't do cuddles? I have tried to reassure her that Debbie will still be in the building, so if cuddles are needed Debbie should be on hand.

2 comments:

Dutchnic said...

Reminds me of a story I once heard. A little girl was going into group 3, where she had always heard she would be learning how to read. After 2 days she very disappointedly asked why everyone had lied to her. She had been in group 3 for so long already, and still did not know how to read...

Anonymous said...

LOL! It could happen to young Yoastie...