13 July 2007

Black and white cat

Our garden seems to be home to a small black and white cat. My youngest daughter loves this cat and wants to adopt her. I have tried to explain that she looks too well cared for to be a stray.

This cat has been hanging around for a while and when Bas and his family were here the cat was around as well. CS asked what it was Mrs Bas had called the black and white cat. "She called it Tuxedo cat because its black with a white front. It looks a little like she is wearing a black jacket with a white shirt. Of course we are in England, so really it should be called a dinner jacket cat." (I am sorry to admit it but I am pedant- are there support groups for that?). The girls now ask our tabby cat if he would like to have dinner jacket cat as a friend.

Yesterday DJ cat was having a nice nibble of our cat's food. He just watched. I am afraid that we may soon be feeding two cats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And does Yoastiecat approve of that?
Our stray cat, which we found here in Leipzig and now lives in Holland at my parents, is also a Tuxedo cat. Officially, I believe it is called a ´Felix´ pattern.