12 July 2007

Oma's Birthday

It was my mother's birthday. I promised to make a cake. The girls had other ideas. They wanted fairy cakes. I checked with mother and she was up for this idea.

Nigella Lawson's Forever Summer was consulted and I made "lemon cupcakes". My sous chefs assisted me at every step (or hindered maybe is a better word to use).

Oma's birthday arrived we came to present the cakes. "Didn't they have little lemon sweets on top when you made them last time?" Oma asked "Yes, we helped Mama and ate them!" CS replied proudly "I helped too. I licked the beaters and the bowl." CE not wanting to be outdone.

5 comments:

Maevrim said...

Thank you so much for posting! So far everyone else seems in favor of disposable diapers, so I'm glad to ehar someone who used cloth ones with no problem.

Glad to hear you have so much help in the kitchen :) Do they help every day or just on special occasions?

Freddie said...

@Maekom: No they "help" most days. That is put the vegetables on the counter, put peel in the compost bucket, wash veggies (aka soak the kitchen) and eat as much raw onion, red pepper etc. as they can.

Anonymous said...

They ate all the sweets? Funny hihi. That reminds me of christmas 2004 when we had a high tea in the Uk. My cousin as small at the time and he ate all the strawberries off the cake.
A small kid´s thing?

Anonymous said...

@Maekom: Cloth was a lot easier than expected for me (I do admit that I did not do the majority of nappy changes :-) ). One really big advantage that is not mentioned often is the fact that disposables smell a lot worse than cloth nappies. Somehow it is a lot more pleasant to have the smell of wet cloth nappies.

@Hette: I alway wonder where we go wrong as grown ups... Why not eat the nice parts and leave the not so nice ones.

Dutchnic said...

Lovely. I used to help my mom that way!