16 July 2007

Broken resolutions

I made a list of new year's resolutions. One of them was finally learn to sew. Well I broke that one - again. The In-laws are coming over. I needed to take up some curtains. Well needed, as my brother puts it no one is making you do this with a gun at your head. Rather than doing it myself I gave in and called my mother. She came to my rescue. The curtains are now straight.

Oh well, at least I am now making the birth sampler for my first born (another resolution). Who knows maybe it will be finished for her 4th birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be able to sew must be really handy, but I don't think I will ever enjoy it so I won't bother and it sounds like it will never be your favourite chore either!

Dutchnic said...

I received a sewing machine as a wedding present. Made my first tablecloth (ie hemmed a piece of fabric on all 4 sides) tonight!

Freddie said...

@She: I am afraid that you may be right. I love embroidery and cross stitch but actual dress making is probably never going to happen.

@Nic: Is Mr Nic allowed to use it as well? (the sewing machine not the table cloth). Well done by the way. Cleaning confetti and sewing you are busy.

Dutchnic said...

The confetti is gone. Mr Nic is definitely allowed to use it. I think the chances of him doing so are slim, though.