23 April 2007

Superpower

I took a folding chair out of the shed. On the back of the chair there was a butterfly. It didn't do a lot. I assumed that it had died on the chair over the winter months and left it as something to be dealt with later.
CE and CS thought it was an odd thing and kept going over to look at it. I told them what I thought had happened. "why won't it flap away?" "I think it is dead." I picked it of the chair to show to them properly. As I do this the butterfly decides it has warmed up now and flies away.
CE:"oh, pretty orange." CE is obsessed with orange.
CS:"Mama you made it come to life again!"
"No, the sun warmed it up I it must just have been hibernating or something."
CS:"No, it was dead and YOU made it life again."
"Yes, that would be right Mama has the power to do that".
I should now point out that sarcasm is wasted on the under 4's. They have told the neighbour of my superpower, my parents and Mr Yoastie.

No comments: