08 April 2007

Holiday weekend

Well it is a holiday weekend and it is lovely sunny weather. This leads to the following consequences here in Britain.
  1. Gradening: Not a problem as far as I am concerned. People mowing their lawns is fine by me unless it is related to point 3.
  2. Clothing: It is over 20C so the average Brit feels it necessary to shed as many items of clothing as possible. Our neighbour wore hotpants. Now you may say you shouldn't be peeking into his garden Mrs Yoastie. However he was in the front garden watering the plants. Oh and when I say hotpants that did not include a shirt.
  3. BBQ: It is not raining, so we must have a barbecue. Even if it is below 0C, it is not raining and it is a bank holiday weekend you have to have a barbecue if you have a British passport. This weekend that would be fine as the weather is lovely but it does get chilly of an evening. Luck would have it that I have two passports and today the Dutch one wins. I do not find burnt food nice and will therefore not suffer barbecues just because it is a bank holiday.
Well our neighbours know the rules. They mowed the lawn, wore too few clothes and had a barbecue. I now have sheets that smells of bunt sausages but other than that it was a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Dutchnic said...

Mrs Yoastie! I didn't know you had a blog too! Hello! (waves)