11 April 2007

Childminding

My neighbour is a childminder by profession. She was on holiday and so I agreed to look after the eldest two of her charges, two brothers aged 11 and 6.

I had forgotten how difficult life is if you are pre-pubescent. Eleven year old was in a really glum mood. "What's up?" "It's school disco tonight. I have to go." "well it could be fun" "No! Mrs Dodd said we have to dance with girls! I don't like girls!" "Really no girls at all?" Blushing "There are one or two who might be all right. But it's really gay that we have to dance with girls." Hmmm gay to dance with girls not sure that's quite the way I would have phrased that.

The six year old was on the whole easier to entertain as he played hide and seek and catch with the little Yoasties. He was very sweet when one of them cut her toe and he helped clean up the cut and everything. I did have to promise that I would not tell anyone that he played with girls and toddlers at that.


1 comment:

Dutchnic said...

Reminds me of that one Harry Potter book/movie, is it number 3 or 4?
I see the change from "I hate girls" to "I love girls" every day in my work. It's fun to observe