10 September 2007

Schools part 3

As promised the county council sent us a letter telling us that we need to apply for a school place for CS.

"You can apply using the application (available from your local school from 1/9) or why not use our on-line service. Register online using the unique registration code below." it said in the letter.

I consider myself reasonably au fait with the interweb, so tried on-line registration. I wasn't phased by the 12 digit alpha numeric code. I thought up a great password. I filled in all the details and then get round to choosing her preferred school. Oh oh the spinning beach ball of death appears (if you are not a Mac user this will not mean much to you but I believe if memory serves PCs have the hourglass of doom). The site for the county council decides to give up the ghost on me. Not to worry I know what any good helpdesk would suggest:"Have you tried rebooting?"

I have tried rebooting. I should be able to edit the form. However every time I try the site tells me that is was "expecting a semicolon". I just click a link, so no place to fill in a ; anywhere.

I will use pen and paper. I set off to the local school, which is also preferred school. I asked for the application form at the reception desk. "Yes, we should have them but the Council hasn't sent them to us yet. Have you tried the internet?"

Oh well, I have till 23/11 to complete the form and return it (submit it) maybe the internet will be fixed in time.

No comments: