10 May 2007

Shoes



Yes, as any of you out there who have children know buying shoes is a living hell. Not only do you have to fork out somewhere between £25 and £40 per pair but you have to try and find some which a) fit and b) pass the committee vote, easier said then done.
With the note from the pre-school in mind (Children with open toe sandals will not be allowed on the jungle gym) we set of to town.
CS has narrow feet and only wants to wear green. When I say narrow I mean a D fitting (F being standard move down the alphabet to get narrow and up for wide). We tried Clarks but no luck there (I don't know why I bother. The last time she fitted into their shoes was two years ago). After trying on half the shop's supply of size 9 or 27 we finally found a pair of shoes - in turquoise almost as good as green. They met with all round approval.
CE has narrow flat feet - slight valgus on the right foot or so I have been told by the Health visitor. Not only no open toe sandals but also needs good support, oh and they need be pink or pink and orange. We thought we had found the holly grail of shoes - velcro fastening, dahlia colour (fuchsia to you and me), good support and closed toes. We get home and it turns out they have given us size 24 shoes in the size 25 box. Phoned the shop and they have a size 25 but not the same style we are welcome to try those though.
Tomorrow I will be phoning round some other shops to see if I can find the larger size in pink not white or rocket or espresso.

Update:
Hallelujah CE has new shoes
Went back and indeed the other style did not fit her. I asked if they could order them but apparently no more pink shoes to be had in the UK. Well how about other colours? Oh we have a white pair in 25.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought buying shoes for children was quite easy. Boy was I wrong there!

Anonymous said...

They're female - buying shoes for females is never easy - even I know that :-)

Anonymous said...

I also have very narrow feet. I wear Gabor most of the time because they are very narrow. For my mother it must have been a hell buying shoes for me as well LOL

Freddie said...

@Hette Ooh I wear Gabor shoes too.

Anonymous said...

I love them!

Dutchnic said...

white shoes.. oh my!
The second picture doesn't show, but boy is that first shoe cute! Do they come in 38 as well? I want them, I don't care if I'm 25!

Freddie said...

Not very adept yet with how to edit and that sort of thing but I have added a picture of the white shoe.
Sorry it didn't work first time round.