23 May 2007

Obedient Wives

Mr Yoastie thought this would be a good programme for me to watch. "maybe you can learn something :-)"
The women in this programme did everything their husband's asked of them. For some it was a religious thing for others it was based on the teachings of Laura Doyle.
All I can say is that it is not for me! One husband left his wife a to do list as he went to work. As if looking after the house and children is not enough without being given a list of things like "sort out my sock drawer"(no, really).
Well I can honestly say that I do not wear the trousers in our house (don't like wearing them; in fact I think I only own one pair) but this programme made me want to become a dyed in the wool feminist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How terrible! I am happy my husband is not that kind of man. That is so old fashioned!

Anonymous said...

@ Hette, and of course tot Mr en Mrs Yoastie
I hope you tasted the irony (and that it tasted well).
I happen to know Yoastie as a progressive, sometimes nursuring, reasonable husband.
And Mrs Yoastie as someone you cannot walkover...

Anonymous said...

@Hette & Mink: I think it is quite safe to say that the present Mrs. Yoastie is not very biddable. I think it would just be confusing and an end to all dialogue to have a wife who just does everything that is requested. But then again: I might be dodging my own responsibility by not being clear or demanding enough :-)