26 May 2008

Daily Bread

We have a breadmaker and bake our bread fresh every day. Sometimes white, mostly brown and sometimes with raisins, nuts and honey. When my father and Mr Y. have a fish eating day (my mother and I loath fish, so father and hubby sometimes gang up and buy fish anyway) I make rye bread for them. I have recently found a good maize flour at the local health food shop, now corn bread is also possible.

My mother always baked her own bread - without breadmaker- and I always loved the bread she made. I therefore assumed the young Yoasties felt the same. However recently CS asked whether we could have nice bread "like they have at T's house". Bemused I asked T's mother what kind of bread CS had had when she was over for lunch. "Oh just normal sliced white bread." "From the baker?" "No, Hovis. It's in the brown bag, second aisle at Tesco."

1 comment:

Dutchnic said...

Tssss... beetje ondankbaar, onbewust?