31 October 2007

Vet

Last week was half term and it has been an eventful half term. Both girls had croup. First number one child to be followed a couple of days later by the younger one. Of course CE had it worse and she is useless at being ill. So sleepless nights for me.

To round of the week of the cat was in a fight. Not that unusual after all they are territorial creatures. But he got hurt and he now has an infected wound on his paw. Luckily he is the most docile cat when it comes to being manhandled. He purrs at the vet and we can get antibiotics into him without the aid of a towel (to swaddle cat so that he can't scratch you).

This is almost unheard of behaviour and the vet was stunned. Her normal patients are more similar to my old cat Lucky. Lucky was a lovely cat but she hated vets, injections and pills. If truth be told I think I was the only one she liked. My father was convinced she lived till she was 20 years old just to annoy him. We used to have to force her into the carrying basket. Then tend to the lacerations on the arms of all parties involved in her capture. Once at the vet any escape routes had to be blocked and the cat had to be taken hold off in a vice like grip more often seen in wrestling. The vet was no fool and would don his anti cat gauntlets. This was no use she could find bare skin. Anyway pills were impossible to administer and I still bare the scars.

2 comments:

Maevrim said...

Poor kids and kitty! I had Croup once, it was horrible. I still will wake myself up at times, convinced that I'm choking (the baby does nothing to help that.)

Yes, Kiba (the little ginger kitty) is now staying with us. My male is thrilled to have someone to roughouse with, and my husband's female is getting used to it and enjoying not being pounced. He's already spoiled rotten, sleeping in the bed with us and in our laps the rest of the time.

Dutchnic said...

My cats don't like the vet either.