03 October 2007

Strange Day

I had a somewhat peculiar day today. Well to be honest most of it was run of the mill. The strangeness didn't start till I picked up CS from pre-school. CS lost her James (one of Thomas the Tank engine's friends) zip pull. No tears or upset, "oh, well maybe teacher will find it.". There was no discussion over how long we should stay on the playground either.

Later in the afternoon we were outside playing with the girls from No 36. Neighbour at No42 pops her head round the door. Would I please come in as she wanted to ask me my opinion about something. All right, no problem. She showed me her son's soiled underpants. Did I think he had diarrhoea? He had been sent home from pre-school because he had diarrhoea and wouldn't be allowed to return for 48 hours. She didn't think that this was the case and did I agree with her that it was just a motion the child had sat in.

Well what do you say in a situation like that? I have not made a study of other poeple's soiled pants and frankly I imagine that a pre-school teacher will have seen more filled pants than me. I sort of agreed with her as I did not really want to be near the smell anymore. Anyway a third opinion was needed and the neighbour at No 44 was called in. As her insight was not conclusive either neighbour 42 decided to call the pre-school to complain.

Apparently pre-school told her that they had been in the profession for 10 years and they would rather not see the son for 48 hours if it is all the same with her. Neighbour No 42 was heard to say that she had good mind to take the pants round to confront the teacher with them.

If I hear any news I will of course update you.

2 comments:

Dutchnic said...

Oh my, what a dilemma!

Anonymous said...

Discussing and viewing dirty childrensunderpants... My God, this is beyond Desperate Housewives...