14 March 2009

Small indulgence

Today we acquired a Douwe Egberts Senseo machine. Not the one I really really want just the bog standard one. But hey this one was free the Latte I would have to pay 150 Euro, so that's on hold for now.

My Aunt S one our Senseo in a staff raffle. She does not drink coffee, so passed it on to my Dad. Dad has a serious coffee habit. For him it worked out only slightly cheaper than going to Starbucks, so he went back to using the old filter machine.

My Sister-in-law has the Senseo Latte. I want to point out that I am not someone who is covetous but baby I want that machine. I am in love with the lattes, the cappuccinos, the frothy milk and the chocolate powder to go on top.

I mentioned my current lust object to my Mum today. And she pulls the Senseo out the cupboard. Mine free of charge.

Now for a lovely cup of coffee and some Green & Blacks dark chocolate.

2 comments:

Marit said...

I like me my senseo too! With hazelnut coffee pads in it. Just zap a little milk in the microwave and then add the senseo on top, it's almost a real cappucino!
I wanted an orange senseo but my husband wouldn't go for it, so mine is grey :-(

Dutchnic said...

We're contemplating a Latte.. since our current Senseo is 4 years old and beginning to cough a little every once in a while. We don't know anyone that has one though, and we'd like to try it first (since it's so expensive). We might wait a little while...