08 January 2008

Car Sickness

It stinks. It really stinks. The car and the fact that I have to clean it up.

The eldest child was sick in the car. Not just a little bit but lots. Think the Exorcist. The poor child was so stoical through it all and never complained. Her sister on the other hand screamed her head of. "Mummy! It's disgusting! It smells! She up throwed over my book!" I was well aware of the first two points. Breakfast had been rice crispies and a large glass of milk. Now it was decorating the back seat of the car and the child.

Our trip out the Oxford was cut short or rather abandoned. My first born was cleaned up successfully, as were my clothes, her sister's book, the booster seat and the floor mats. Now I have the rest of the car to do.

Mr Yoastie is away with a large time difference, so can't be relied upon to lend me a sympathetic ear. I called my mother. Helpfulness personified she reassured me that it is really hard to get vomit out of the door handles and window buttons. She was speaking from experience. Oh, cheers Mum. I will have to do my best.

It still stinks though.

The car now smells of washing powder, with sour notes. I think I may have to seek professional help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you, it sounds like a horrible job! Is it the norovirus?

Anonymous said...

Oh my!
And to wait for Mr Yoast to come home and clean it up, is unfortunately no option?
Anyhow: happy 2008 for you, the girls and the Mr.!

Dutchnic said...

Whenever the cats have had an accident, my mother advises me to clean up with Biotex (is that available over there?) and when the stain has dried up, to rub a cloth with some ammonia over it. Apparently that helps wonderful for vomit smells. Good luck!