06 August 2007

Kitchen

I don't know if Mr Yoastie has mentioned this but our kitchen is useless. It was put into the house 25 years ago and the working triangle was largely ignored when designing it. To create more space we want knock through one of the walls and make the kitchen an open-plan affair.

Not a problem says Mr Yoastie, that can be done. Well excuse me but he studied Hotel-management; he is not a structural engineer. I do not want to end up on BBC's "DIY SOS" or "DIY from Hell" (ITV1). Anyway we need to find an engineer (to tell us if it is possible) and a builder (for quotes and timescales), after that a kitchen design and then we need to agree on it all.

Our daughters, who are as yet blissfully unaware of project management, have already chosen the kitchen cupboards. CS saw kiwi green ones in the show room and keeps saying that we need those. CE spotted the colour options on the glass worktops and thinks that pink or orange glass worktops will set of the kiwi green nicely. I hope they don't find out that you can get the same colours in glittery floor tiles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the photos when the job is finished or should I say if the job is finished...;-)

Maevrim said...

But glitter floor tiles would be soo...so...what's the word?

RYC: That post was made by my husband, who goes by the name "Komeiv" when online. We're already working on getting the carseat into the car properly, and there it will probably stay for some time.

Dutchnic said...

Will it be a Ikea kitchen? Need I ask?

Freddie said...

@Nic: Mr Yoastie is keen but I am afraid he will be over stretching himself if I allow it. I would like to have the kitchen finished (well in working order - tiling etc. will take longer) in two weeks not two years.