24 August 2008

Fear

"When I am old I am going to have a dog"
"Is this wise? You are afraid of dogs."
"Not when I am a Mummy. Mummies aren't afraid of anything."

If only it were true. I am still afraid of the dark - retrieving things from the garden in the dark is only done with a good torch. I am still afraid of thunderstorms (I do think they are spectacular but scary). Ghost stories give me the chills and I certainly think birds are fearsome. Yes, birds. I have a fear of their flappy wings. Just thinking about it makes me shudder.

I think mummies or in any case this mummy have plenty of things they are afraid of. But you must not let them know that. I think that is the big difference. If I ran to hide under the bed every time there was a storm where would we be?

I still don't like birds though.

2 comments:

Dutchnic said...

You're right.

Anonymous said...

Everybody has something he or she fears. I don't like balloons and clowns.
I will never give my son a t-shirt with a clown on it for example.