20 July 2008

Wolf whistle

I got whistled at! Yes, really. I checked there were no 19 year olds anywhere or other females. It was one of the bin men who had whistled. I almost had to ask if he was sure he meant me.

I realise that my feminist principles should be outraged. I should be worried that I was inappropriately dressed. Now, I have no principles and I was in standard "bring children to school" outfit. So for 15 mins I felt good. Then I started to worry: what if he was taking the mickey? What if it was just a dare from the others to see how I would react? On balance I decided to go for compliment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hihi! Don't let mr.Yoastie hear about it!

Marit said...

So funny! I wrote a post about an experience like this and felt exactly the same anxiety about it.