20 June 2008

Cold

If I were a man I would be dying of pneumonia as we speak. As I am not however, I merely have a cold. A nasty sniffley (is that a word?), almost lost my voice cold. What makes it worse is that I am allergic to Sudafed. This is an over-the-counter flu and cold remedy that makes me come out in hives. This I hasten to add is a recent discovery; yesterday.

I am a woman, so I struggle on. After much make up and aspirin I went to my job interview today. I hope they didn't think I sound that husky all the time.

However on the bright side Gin and Tonic has no medicinal effect or allergic ones, so right now I don't care.

4 comments:

Dutchnic said...

They sell sudafed in the UK? I didn't know that. We always stock up on it when we get back from the USA, or when we know someone is going there we make them bring it for us...

Freddie said...

@Nic: They certainly do. If you ever run short feel free to contact me with regards to supplies. We are my brother-in-law's supply route. I do worry sometimes that customs will stop us.

Anonymous said...

I used to get Contac from Germany. That must be easier for you to get to...?

Anonymous said...

The husky voice probably was not a problem, most men find it sexy ;-). Hope the interview went well (and that it was being conducted by a man)!