13 November 2007

Recycling

Friday is recycle day. The green bins need to be placed outside the night before because usually the bin men are round early. Not this Friday.

I was taking my two girls and the neighbour's boy to pre-school. Rory is three months younger than CE and about a foot shorter (well maybe 10cm). We toddled up the road past the green bins. We pass No 11 and their bin contains adult top-shelf magazines. Of course the children all think this is odd. "Look!" shouts Rory "Naked!" Oh great. How am I going to divert their interest? I know lets have a race to the end of the road.

Now this incident has kept me thinking. Of course recycling is good but why place such magazines at the top of the bin? Why not have newspapers on the top? Why decide to recycle on a windy day when they can blow away across the neighbourhood (as indeed they had done)? What did the bin men think when they saw this? All questions I think that should maybe stay unanswered.

3 comments:

Maevrim said...

Sounds like that person wanted to cause a scandel just like that!

Yes, waiting is so very much the hardest part for me. And oh my goodness, it gets bigger?!? I just got home from the doctor's office, where I was told my belly was the perfect size exactly.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the owner of the mags thought the bin men would maybe want to have them? Very friendly of him ;-).

Freddie said...

@She: Gives a whole new slant on recycling.